A conversation starter.
Deep, meaningful conversations – rooted in a wide perception allowing you to identify and respond with empathy to those potentially displaying the effects of previous trauma. You’ll have a chance to practice these new skills and techniques through the Advocates for Youth classroom simulation program (a simulated teaching experience). And yes, this one includes a couple hours of additional homework. It’ll be worth it, we promise.
Roll up your sleeves.
Delivered through four weekly, two-hour sessions held at pre-set times over a five-week period, this 12-hour virtual instructor-led course continues to build on the content you learned in the self-paced course, focusing on growing your skill. Emphasis is placed on practicing how to create a trauma-informed learning environment and the skills needed to facilitate trauma-informed sex ed.
Here we go. Grow your skills to:
- Create trauma-informed learning environments
- Facilitate trauma-informed sex education
- Identify and respond to signs of trauma
- Recognize and practice responding to physical, verbal and behavioral signs of trauma
- Use empathy and to validate emotions
- Apply trauma-informed teaching techniques
Oct 21 – Nov 11, 2022 (Fridays)
March 27 – April 17, 2023 (Mondays)
All courses are offered from 12 – 2 PST/PDT