We are a dedicated group of sex educators, building on our collective experience and knowledge gained from years of creating, testing, and refining training and tools designed to support our educators and community partners to effectively meet young people’s sex education needs.
We have created engaging eLearning to ignite your passion to teach comprehensive sex education! Tailored to the way you want to learn, these short courses are designed to build your knowledge and skill to deliver education on specific topics. A combination of virtual instructor-led and self-directed modalities, with medical accuracy throughout, will give you a well-rounded foundation to teach young minds.
Development of the Spark*ED Collaborative
Five Planned Parenthood Affiliates from across the country pooled our collective sex education expertise to promote excellence in the sex education field by creating the Spark*ED Collaborative–we build on our collective experience and knowledge gained from years of creating, testing, and refining training and tools designed to support our educators and community partners to effectively meet young people’s sex education needs. We are intimately aware of the training needs of today’s sex educators and are thrilled to share our training and resources with you so we can all benefit young people together.
Our Spark*ED Collaborative Members are known for:
- Delivering comprehensive, inclusive, medically accurate, and shame-free sex education to young people across our 11 states
- Strong community partnerships with teachers, school districts, community-based organizations, and sexual assault advocates/counselors in our communities, allowing us to stay abreast of current community needs and trends
- Helping shape sex education at the national level
- Convening state, regional and national sex education workshops and conferences
- Developing evidence-based sex education curriculum
- The first non-profit of our kind to harness the power of the internet in 2005 to create and deliver an 18 month human sexuality education program on an eLearning platform
Spark*ED Collaborative Members:
- Planned Parenthood of Delaware (PPDE)
- Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest, Hawai’i, Alaska, Indiana and Kentucky (PPGNHAIK)
- Planned Parenthood of Southern New England (PPSNE)
- Planned Parenthood of Southwestern Oregon (PPSO)
- Planned Parenthood of Wisconsin (PPWI)
Together, with the team of scientists and innovators at dfusion — our video partners, we are striving to make a difference in sexual health of young people.
Partnering with the award-winning learning transformation team at Enthralltech — our eLearning partners, we are bringing highly engaging and interactive eLearning opportunities to you.