Cue the Confetti
You’ve just become part of the training program for Planned Parenthood educators. Here’s where you’ll enhance your content knowledge, refine the tools available to support your work, and set the basic foundation for teaching impactful, inclusive sex education. Welcome to the next step in your path towards reshaping the conversation around sex ed and sexuality.
Time to Buckle Down
You’ll begin by completing the 6 self-paced trainings, followed by the nine session, 18 hour virtual instructor-led training. You’ll learn to teach through that lens of social justice and racial equity concentrated in medically accurate, trauma-informed, culturally responsive, LGBTQ+ inclusive sex education. We’ll concentrate on the skills you’ll need to take your work to the classroom and community. You’ll even get hands-on virtual experience, practicing your sex ed facilitation skills in the Advocates for Youth Virtual Classroom.
Ready? Let’s start here. You’ll learn:
- What makes exemplary sex education
- How to read lesson plans
- Values and boundaries
- Giving and receiving feedback
- How to create safe learning environments
- How to address bias and stigma in sex ed
- How to manage participant disclosure in the moment
- Sex ed facts (how to apply what you learned in the Spark*ED self-paced courses)
- How to answer sex related questions from young people